The Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd (KUSCCO) plays a representative role as the support pillar to SACCOs in the country.
KUSCCO addresses the needs, concerns and challenges facing SACCOs in regard to legal matters and business requirements.
Key areas of engagement include where there is:
- Punitive legislative instruments and provisions;
- Unfair taxation;
- Deduction codes;
- Single business permit fees;
- Delayed or non-remittance of SACCO dues;
- Bank agency contracts;
- Unfair competition by other financial institutions in the market;
- Unjustified levies on SACCOs' and members' funds.
Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd (KUSCCO) is the body for all the SACCOs in Kenya. Mwalimu National is one of the affiliates of Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives (KUSCCO). The union advocates and represents SACCOs in Kenya.
The union is mandated and advocates for all SACCOs in Kenya.